Appellate Section Membership
Members of the Appellate Section enjoy benefits that enhance their professional development and help connect them to Houston’s appellate-practice community. Membership in the Appellate Section provides networking opportunities, continuing legal education, and access to the section’s quarterly publication, the Appellate Lawyer. Membership in the Appellate Section provides members opportunities to:
- Network with your colleagues through events like, the annual Judicial Reception at Brennan’s, annual holiday party, and happy hours.
- Receive invitations (and discounted admission) to monthly CLE luncheons at the Coronado Club.
- Participate in the Appellate Section’s outreach programs which include a “Best Brief” contest for students at Houston law schools and support of different Houston charities, such as the Houston Food Bank.
- Ensure access to justice in the wider community by participating in the Appellate Section’s pro bono program.
- Keep up to date on developments and issues of interest to appellate practitioners through the Appellate Section’s quarterly publication, the Appellate Lawyer.
How to Join
For those who are not members of Houston Bar Association (HBA)
In order to join the HBA Appellate Section, you must first be a member of HBA — click here to join HBA.
For HBA Members
To join the HBA Appellate Section, you can do one of the following:
- Join online: Log into your account, add the Appellate Section and pay online
- Join by mail: Print out a section application and mail in check to the HBA.